Tuesday, December 06, 2005

My night at the cat whiz seminar

Tonight, in the latest installment of my Glamorous Life, I attended a free seminar at the vet school about feline urine and fecal material. I'm serious. Actually it was pretty interesting, with the exception of the part when (and I am not making this up) a woman in the audience described her hemorrhoid pain in graphic detail.

Moving along, I thought I'd share a few things I learned from the seminar:
  • The best enzymatic cleaner for removing the presence and odor of cat pee is actually called Anti-Icky Poo
  • If you rub a cat's jawline with a cotton ball, you can pick up enough of its scent to rub it on another area in the house where you don't want it to whiz
  • If you need to move a litter box, your best bet is to move it two inches per day until you get it to its new location
  • You seriously can train a cat to use the toilet, Focker. Even though it doesn't have opposable thumbs.
  • It pretty much does no good to ever try and discipline a cat. They don't think that way.

Oh yeah, and I should be nicer to my cat. She did not pee on my carpet because she hates me. It's just how her pea brain rolls.

No comments: