Tuesday, January 07, 2014

2013 Recap: Excessive Docu-Momming Edition!


Ever since my son started talking, my Twitter feed has sort of degenerated into a lazy mom's baby book, rife with excessive docu-momming of all the ridonculously adorable and/or ridiculous things my son, CJ, says on a daily basis. But it's also proven to be rather valuable as a log that allows me to browse through the highlights of the past year. Because when you have a toddler, let's face it: Laughing at all the awesome things he says is pretty much the best (and/or only) thing you do.

So here's a brief recap of 2013 CJ tweets. Because that kid cracks me the heck up.

Jan 9: Bossy toddler's new favorite activity is ordering me to vacuum. At least for a few weeks, we'll have the cleanest floors in Polk County.

Feb 13: Just like anything involving a phone is a "hi," anything involving climbing/stairs is a "down." Still getting acquainted w/ CJ's vernacular.

March 9: Me, after CJ climbed into my lap this evening: "Are you ready to go night-night?" CJ, looking at his dad: "Bye!" I took that as a yes.

April 16: After I had Siri show us pics of Elmo on Ben's iPhone, CJ started picking up the phone & yelling into it "Elmo Elmo Elmo." Cutest thing ever.

May 8: I had to pretend a diaper was eating a banana. #reasonsiamlateforwork

May 12: CJ ate a ham sandwich for 90 straight minutes today. He never put it down -- not through a diaper change nor helping me do laundry.

June 23: CJ now appreciates scatological humor. Spent a good half hour this evening busting a gut while I exclaimed, "Poopies!" Yes, I encouraged it.

July 3: When the director of your son's child care center sends you an email w/ the subject line "Dancing Fool," YOU OPEN IT IMMEDIATELY.

Aug 26: CJ's new favorite game is "Big Stumble," which is basically an intentional faceplant.

Aug 28: Turned CJ's car seat forward. Now I don't turn right on red because he cries if he doesn't get to see the light turn green.

Sept 3: CJ, after his family gathered around him and sang two verses of "Happy Birthday" to him and he blew out his "2" cake candle: "Do it again!"

Sept 10: Tonight I told CJ he was going to go with me to vote. He thought I said "boat." Needless to say, his disappointment was palpable.

Oct 5: I ran out of pennies for CJ to throw in the Valley West Mall fountain, so he pawed through my wallet & suggested we throw in my debit card.

Oct 7: Nothing has ever been or ever will be cuter than the way my 2-year-old says the word "cookie:" Toot-key.

Oct 9: CJ has a stuffed Ernie doll that says "I've got the sniffles." Or, as CJ says it, "I've got the nipples."

Oct. 12: CJ's up & trying to sing the alphabet song in his crib. "A, B, C, D, E, F...aw, shucks...H...Q...Q" I'm dying laughing here.

Oct. 25: My 2-year-old as we drove by Panda Express: "Panda!" I smiled and said "You like their food, don't you?" He corrected me: "I loooovvvve it!"

Nov 3: When you go outside to mow the driveway, always insist on wearing your full Halloween costume. (See photo above.)

Nov. 10: Left @CycloneWBB game with 8 minutes left per 2-year-old's request. He said bye to everyone & told them to "enjoy the game." CJ Bruns 2048.

Nov 19: Just when you think kiddo is getting so smart, you spend 20 mins. trying to explain to him why a picture of a plate of cookies isn't edible.

Nov 26: Explained to CJ that Daddy was coming from Cedar Rapids tonight. When Daddy got home, CJ said, "Daddy all done rabbit store!"

Dec 4: Reason #468 why CJ didn't get to bed on time: He was putting lotion on his matchbox jeep.

Dec 8: Got our Christmas tree yesterday. CJ likes to sit on the floor next to the tree and watch it drink water. He gets very excited about this.

Dec 18: CJ, tipping back the Tropicana bottle and trying to get the OJ out that's sitting in the bottom: "This isn't working out."

Dec 19: CJ, counting a large quantity of items: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 4...4....4....4....4...."

Dec 22: The other day, as we were walking out of the house, CJ, 2, told me would just stay home alone & order pizza.

Looks like 2014 will be the year of the 2-year-old teenager for us. And yeah, I probably won't stop tweeting about it. You've been warned.




1 comment:

deborahshire said...

Yay, thanks for the memories.