Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Sometimes I DON'T enjoy being a girl

Okay, so here was the scene at our team meeting last week at work:

Emily and Me (looking at each other): Did something just fly by the doorway?
Emily: I think there's a bird in here.
Carole: A bird?
Me: Um...I think it's a bat.
Bat: *Flies by again*
Me: Ick, it is!
Scott: Really? A bat?
Scott: *Goes out in hallway to investigate*
Me: Close the door so it doesn't fly into the meeting room!
Carole: *Follows Scott into the hallway*
Bat: *Flies directly one inch over Carole's head*
Carole: *Screams*
Me: *Screams*
Emily: *Screams*
Carole: Okay, I was going to try and be brave, but I didn't know it was going to fly over my head like that.
Carole: *Falls back into her seat at conference table*
Me: It almost landed on your head. Ew!
All of us: Scott! Close the door to the meeting room!
Scott: *Bravely closes the door and opens all the exterior doors to the building so the bat can fly out*
Emily: I wonder what's going on out there.
Me: I hope he shoos it out.
Scott: *Returns to conference room and closes door behind him*
Scott: Well, I opened all the doors so it can get out.
Me: It's just scared...I'm sure it will fly out.
Emily: I can't believe we all screamed when the bat flew over Carole's head.
Me: What is wrong with us? Like, why should anyone be scared of a little harmless bat?
Emily: We're just girls.
Me: I hate that.

1 comment:

harsh patel said...

You got some good writing skills for sure. You made good out of small incidents, interesting one