Friday, May 26, 2006

Blowin' in the wind

A friend of mine once threw a nasty and inedible gas station cheese sandwich out the car window as she was driving home from a night at the bar. Her boyfriend really wondered what she was had done the next morning when he discovered multiple dried globs of an unnatural yellow substance on the driver's side door. It makes a great story now, of course -- the moral of which is: Sometimes throwing things out the window whilst driving doesn't work as well as one plans.

Yesterday, I was driving to Super Target (No way. Me going to Target, right?) when I made my standard rear-view mirror observation: a gross gray hair protruding like a dandelion stem from my forehead. I responded with my usual strategy: instantly yank it from my skull and throw it out the window. As much as one can "throw" a single strand of hair, of course. At the time I released it, I suspected due to crosswinds that it might not have made it very far. But I didn't really give it much more thought.

Imagine my surprise TODAY, a whole 24 hours later, when I looked out my driver's side window while sitting at the light at 63rd and University and saw none other than MY ICKY GRAY HAIR, flapping in the breeze as it clung tenaciously to my window, stuck down by...I dunno, something.

Perhaps mini mart cheese sandwich droppings?

If the gray hair thinks it's funny to taunt me in this fashion, I feel I must state clearly how emphatically I disagree. It's driving me straight to the Clairol aisle. Perhaps I need to go to Target...

No comments: