Friday, October 05, 2012

Good stuff


We just made it through a week and a half that included serious work challenges, food poisoning, a depressing Cyclone offensive line performance, and news of more ear surgery for our little one. And now it's dreary and cold outside and I think it's high time we focus on some good stuff.

So. Good stuff:

1. Our little man is 13 months old today and he has been walking for about a week. So YES, everyone who asks as soon as he hears my son is over 1: HE IS WALKING! He sort of walks like a zombie with his arms extended out straight in front of him, but it is blissful, adorable, wonderful, extremely dangerous WALKING.

2. Sometimes it smacks me over the head how much a little music can improve my mood -- usually when I've gone too long without listening. My current mood-boosting tune of choice is Tavish Graham's "In My Soul" from the Rachel Getting Married soundtrack. (I know -- an uplifting song from a depressing movie!) It should also be noted that my favorite band of all time ever forever ever ever released its new album this week. So there's that.

3. On Sunday I am having breakfast with one of my favorite people in the world -- my high school chum and maid of honor, who annoyingly lives in Arizona and only visits about once a year and will never move back now because she will freeze to death on contact. (This is what happens to Midwesterners who move to Arizona, you know.) But yay! She's coming this weekend with her two daughters and there will be cute overload and hopefully pancakes.

4. I made a recipe I pinned to Pinterest and it was actually good. Thanks, Sally's Baking Addiction.

Happy weekend, sports fans.

No comments: