Sunday, November 25, 2012

All aglow

I've long had a love/hate relationship with Christmas lights. On one hand, I love them. On the other hand, I hate that my husband feels the need to impersonate Clark Griswold just about every holiday season and almost kill himself climbing our house to decorate it.

Our son loves Christmas lights, too, and he also started crying every time his father started up the ladder today -- so apparently he shares my feelings about the situation. Nonetheless, since two of CJ's words are "pretty" and "lights," we know trees and exterior illumination will be a highlight of his holiday.

On Saturday, Mom, Dad, Grandpa, and Grandma took CJ to Blank Children's Hospital's Festival of Trees and Lights. And yes, he loved it. Gentle touches.

 CJ's favorite tree (Sesame Street) and my favorite tree (peacock)
On Sunday it was once again time for Ben to go crazy with some "pretty lights" at our house, and even though I was angry as usual at his making the climb, I have to admit it looks pretty good.

And of course we're capping the evening in traditional style -- with a viewing of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Tis the season to be merry!

No comments: