Monday, November 19, 2012

Cranberry & Red Pepper Jelly


Every year, I look forward to the November issue of Bon Appetit magazine and all the awesome Thanksgiving recipe ideas it includes. But since I'm not the main Turkey Day chef, there's only so much I can experiment with. Last year I found myself drawn to the recipe for cranberry & red pepper jelly -- which was advertised as being the perfect topping for leftover turkey sandwiches. I tried it, and it's delicious. So this year I have whipped up another batch in anticipation of leftovers.


CRANBERRY & RED PEPPER JELLY

3 red bell peppers, chopped
2 red chiles, seeded and chopped
1 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 T. fresh lemon juice
1/4 c. liquid pectin
3 c. cranberries

Wash, sterilize, and prepare jars.

Combine peppers, chiles, sugar, flakes, and salt in a heavy pot over medium heat. Bring to simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. Stir in pectin and lemon juice. Reduce heat and simmer gently 10 minutes.

Stir in cranberries and simmer gently until they burst, about 10 minutes. Transfer hot jelly to hot jar, let cool, and cover. This jelly will keep up to three weeks in the refrigerator.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is GOOD stuff, I can attest.