Sunday, June 09, 2013

Weelicious Ham & Cheese Muffins

I've always loved to cook, but you probably would never describe my style as "kid friendly." Now that I have a toddler, I am constantly on a quest to find breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes our whole family will enjoy. I, a total Pinterest loser, even started a 'board' to collect ideas. One of the recipes I decided to try this weekend was Weelicious' ham and cheese muffins, a great breakfast or snack item that can be kept in the freezer and warmed up for an easy weekday breakfast.

Here's the recipe, slightly modified from the original Weelicious version:

HAM & CHEESE MUFFINS

1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 c. buttermilk
2 eggs
1/4 c. vegetable oil
2 T. maple syrup
1 T. honey
1 c. shredded or chopped cheese (I used American)
1 c. ham, chopped fine

Preheat oven to 350 and grease two muffin tins. Combine the first five dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, maple syrup, and honey to combine, then stir in the buttermilk.

Add the wet mix to the dry mix and stir until just combined. Fold in the ham and cheese, then scoop the batter in to muffin cups (filled about 2/3 of the way) and bake 18-20 mins.

So, what's your favorite kid-friendly recipe?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These sound yummy! I am starting to find freezer food ideas because I think that will solve a lot of our eating out habit (when I forget to defrost meat or am too tired to cook or have sport practice/game we need to be at around lunch or dinner time). I just made a bunch of PB & J sandwiches for the freezer. Drew can take them to lunch when he doesn't want to make a ham and cheese sandwich or we can grab them for a quick snack or lunch. They don't take long to defrost and Drew says they taste normal. :-)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.